Hey Glen,
Yes I agree with you on how it should be, but for some reason flash allows it the other way. Yes I did try it the way you suggested when I first started working on it.
That is the "text book" way. that is why I am puzzled.
I went to the source and the source isn't working. plus the whole allowance of the malformed event listener. weird.
still doesn't work though..

**Sigh**

Karl