Of course this makes complete sense, but now I need to rethink how my AS2 singletons are structured.

mark.jonk...@comcast.net wrote:
Yes it should persist. When you load a movie, its classes get loaded into memory and they stay in memory regardless if you offload the movie. AS3 has some additional processes that do allow classes to eventually offload for *some* loaded movies that are loaded into their own application domains. When you load another movie, if it has a class with the same name and same package, then that class is ignored, it doesn't replace the existing one. Basically think of it as once loaded, always loaded, once loaded, never replaced. First version in is the version for the rest of the session. Hope that helps. Sincerely Mark R. Jonkman ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Sinning" <and...@learningware.com> To: "Flash Coders" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com> Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2009 12:06:29 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern Subject: [Flashcoders] AS2 static var persisting when movie unloaded I load in a movie into a container movie. The loaded-movie uses _lockRoot = true. A singleton instance of a class is created and set as a static variable of the class. The movie is then unloaded and another instance of the movie is loaded into the same container. Should static members in classes be preserved or not? What I'm finding is that my singleton is persisting. This is not what I expected. Thanks!