Maybe try just send. Unless you need a response sent back to your flash file.

Karl

Sent from losPhone

On Dec 16, 2009, at 2:34 AM, matt stuehler <stuehler.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

I'm working on a Flash application that's supposed to send XML data to
a Java Servlet.

I'm responsible for the Flash app; another team is responsible for the
Java Servlet.

The problem we're having is that I'm familiar with Flash but not Java
and Servlets; the other team is expert in Java and Servlets, but
unfamiliar with Flash.

Anyway, I have some AS2 code that uses sendAndLoad() to send XML data
to a server.

It works great when I send it to PHP, or ASP, or ASP.net (stuff I'm
familiar with).

However, the Java team is having trouble receiving the information
with their servlet.

One of the developers sent me a log entry:

GET /portal/delegate/ParticipantService? svc=someServiceName&XMLStr=[the
encoded xml I sent]

As I understand it, xml.sendAndLoad uses POST, not GET, so I don't
understand why this shows up in the log as a GET. Any ideas or
explanation?

Here's what an Adobe Technote says about this:

When loadVariables or getURL actions are
used to send data to Java servlets it
can appear that the data is being sent
using a GET request, when the POST
method was specified in the Flash
movie.

This happens because Flash sends the
data in a GET/POST hybrid format. If
the data were being sent using a GET
request, the variables would appear in
a query string appended to the end of
the URL. Flash uses a GET server
request, but the Name/Value pairs
containing the variables are sent in a
second transmission using POST.
Although this causes the servlet to
trigger the doGet() method, the
variables are still available in the
server request.

Obviously, it's possible that the issue is with my Actionscript code,
but as I said, it works if I send it to a PHP page, where I pick it up
with something like this:

   $doc = new DomDocument();
   $doc->loadXML(file_get_contents("php://input"));

So, I guess what I need to know is how to tell the Java team to look
for and capture the XML that's been sent...

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Matt Stuehler