Adobe's documentation on this is not crystal clear (to me anyway). Hoping that
someone who's been down this road can point me in the right direction.

My app is hosted on a shared host (webFaction). The swfs are loaded over http.
The users credit card data is transmitted over https. All works fine in  the
flash IDE. However, with the app running in a browser I get:

2048: Security sandbox violation: http://example.com/media/swf/game.swf cannot
load data from https://example.com/secure/game/direct_payment.

WebFaction serves a global crossdomain.xml file for all it's customers. I don't
have a way to change the policy file at server root. Here's their file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy
  SYSTEM 'http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd'>
<cross-domain-policy>
        <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

Questions:
1. Given the server configuration, how can I get around the security sandbox
error when I make a https call?
2. How bad (or not) is the resulting security created by the <allow-access-from
domain="*"/>

Thanks very much