I've been trying to create a scrollable text field as an exercise.
I create a multi-line text field on layer 1, then I right click layer 2 and
select mask
I then unlock layer 2 and draw a filled rectangle that covers the entire text
field.
If I publish for FP 10, I can see any text I entered into the text field.
If I publish for FP 8, I can't see any text - FP 8 is a requirement for work.
If I put the text field into a seperate MC and then create an instance of the
MC, still doesn't work.

If I put graphics on layer 1 (beneath the mask) they appear when test.

Is there something I am missing or is this just broken?