Angela:  That is a great suggestion.

Normally a client will ask for detection, but some will opt to allow the user to choose which version as browsers false report and failing gracefully doesn't always work.

eg. Which version (plain html with javascript employing hacks to make it work with each browser, or fun and flashy)?

So in this case, why not state something similar to what Angela suggested? if they choose flash, give a link to Apples complaint e-mail and government consumer affair websites where users can publicly register complaints.