I have 12 x AS2 SWFs (build in CS4 Pro) that each use a purchased flipbook
component called pageFlipper. These SWFs are AS2 because this component doesn't
work in AS3. The 12 SWF using this component are loaded at various places into
a main interface that is AS3, also built in CS4 Pro. When I run the interface
and go to a screen where one of the AS2 SWFs is loaded it works fine, but when
I go to any of the other screens where another of the AS2 SWFs is loaded, the
flipbook does not appear. It does not matter which order I try this; whichever
of the 12 AS2 SWFs that loads first is the only one that works.

In each case the loaded AS2 SWF is removed from the main program with
loader_clip.removeChild(ldr) when I navigate away from the screen where it was
loadd. It seems to me that I also need to do something to remove the component
as well so it will work again when a subsequent SWF using it is loaded.

Can anyone shed any light on why it only works on the first SWF loaded, and
what I might do to make it work when subsequent SWFs are loaded?

Alan Neilsen

This message is for the named person’s use only. It may contain
confidentiality or privilege is waived or; lost by any mistransmission. If
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify
the sender. You must not directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the
intended recipient. GOULBURN OVENS INSTITUTE OF TAFE and
any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the
message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them
to be the views of any such entity.