On 3/4/2010 2:04 AM, Fahim Akhter wrote:
> There is a difference between invisible and not being rendered my friend,
> even if you can't see something doesn't mean its not there ;)

Your intentions are correct, even if your terminology is not.

Don't confuse the word "rendered" with the word "processed". Rendering is the act of drawing pixels on the stage. Invisible DisplayObjects are not rendered (though alpha 0 ones are) during the render phase, but they are processed.

If you have 1000 invisible sprites on the stage that aren't running code, Flash still has to keep them in memory and process them in the display stack, it just doesn't have to render them.