Hi Susan,

I wouldn't recommend relying just on online tutorials, or discussion posts
for a something as huge as learning AS3 OOP. The best thing would be to get
a book that covers the subject, such as Colin Moock's Essential ActionScript
3.0 from O'Reilly, or any one of the other excellent books on the subject
(Rich Shupe's comes to mind, although I haven't read it myself I heard good
things about it).

To answer your question, you don't need to implement an interface to use
another class as an object, you'd just instantiate it and call its methods.
You would implement an interface if you wanted the class that contains the
object to "pretend" to be that object, in which case it would implement the
public methods and pass them along to its instance of the object. But again,
a book would explain it much better than that...

Karina