"Actionscript generated curves" are quadratic beziers. The angle is
easy to get at the end points -- the (quadratic) bezier is defined by
three points, one where you start and two that you pass to the curveTo
method. By definition, the line defined by those two points is the
tangent at the end point.
Use Math.atan2 to get the angle, then rotate your clip accordingly.

HTH,
Mark