On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Andrew Sinning
<and...@learningware.com> wrote:
> Since putting the login screen in html isn't an option, then should I just
> make the user re-enter their password everytime, or would it be appropriate
> to include a "Remember my password on this computer" check box and then use
> a local SharedObject if they allow it?

The problem is that many users use the same login/password combination
across sites, even for Important Stuff. You would store those
credentials in the clear, which generally isn't a good idea.

How about a "remember me on this computer" option instead? You'd only
have to store a sessionID, which is less bad.