On 26/03/2010 15:01, Henrik Andersson wrote:
Paul Andrews wrote:
I'm usually a Flash CS3 user on a PC, but have been using a Mac G5 and
CS4 recently. Today I came across some really weird behaviour.

I'm pulling some XML from a server and passing some variables
(URLVariables). Nothing special, except that today I found that one of
my variable values was not being passed to the PHP. No matter what, it
didn't appear to the PHP code. OK, off I go with the debugger. Now the
PHP sees all of the values passed. Just running the debugger always
gives the right behaviour. Sometimes, it'll work without the debugger.
Anyone seen this kind of behaviour - the code is not that complex (sadly
I can't post it).

Intermittent behavior depending on if the debugger is attached or not? Sounds like a possible timing issue to me.

I would agree, but it turns out that I'd not explicitly told flash to post or get the variables, so it seemed to do a half-hearted job of it. Not entirely sure why using the debugger improved the situation, but there you are. Running perfectly now.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Paul