This really bugs me, as I have spent a lot of time with the Beta and the
misery of figuring out all the stupid certificate process and paying for a
developer membership... (a paid membership just to test an application on
the device, from what I gathered).  It's not enough to have a financial grip
on the majority of content that appears on those things but now they need
you to only use their tools?

My wife is a Massage Therapist, and is terrible with computers. After the
100th "there's an app for that" ad she finally asked me what the heck an app
is. I explained and she said, "So it's kind of like web sites that you have
to buy?"

-jonathan

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Jared <jared.stan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone said that this was just a proposed version of the policy, and that
> the 4.0 SDK isn't out until summer so they won't finalize it until
> then...we'll see
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Apr 8, 2010, at 6:25 PM, "Merrill, Jason" <
> jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
>
> I know BRUTAL. I mean, wow - Apple knows Adobe is announcing CS5 on
>> Monday.  Should be interesting to see how they address that new Apple
>> policy on the call. Some other links:
>>
>> Wired magazine:
>> http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/04/iphone-developer-policy/
>>
>> Peter Elst:
>> http://www.peterelst.com/blog/2010/04/09/apple-versus-developers-this-ti
>> me-its-personal/
>>
>> So many interesting power struggles going on right now between Adobe,
>> Apple, Microsoft and Google. Makes you wonder who will come out on top.
>>
>> Jason Merrill
>>
>> Bank of  America  Global Learning
>> Learning & Performance Solutions
>>
>> Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
>> Instructional Technology Design Blog
>> (note: these are for Bank of America employees only)

-jonathan howe