I think you need to set the width/height of the textfield not the sprite. Or add a mask the the sprite and size that - but you shouldn't be resizing the sprite to do what you're trying to do.

John Singleton wrote:
Hi;
I have this code:

        function Text()
        {
            parent_container5 = new Sprite();
            addChild(parent_container5);
//            parent_container5.width = stage.stageWidth/2;
//            parent_container5.height = stage.stageWidth/4;
            parent_container5.x = 50;
            parent_container5.y = 350;
            var myText:TextField = new TextField();
            var format:TextFormat = new TextFormat();
            format.font = 'Arial';
            format.size = 12;
            myText.textColor = 0x000000;
            myText.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT;
            myText.x = 0;
            myText.y = 0;
            myText.htmlText = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet";
            myText.setTextFormat(format);
            parent_container5.addChild(myText);
        }

TIA,