> Interesting take - thank you for your feedback. I don't think I would have
> considered something like that. I think FB4 will like this approach as well.

Yes, FB4 will definitely like this approach. In fact, if you're using
ColdFusion as the back end, you can use the wizards in FB4 and CFB
(which is bundled with FB4) to generate both the server-side (CF) and
client-side (AS3) value object representations by just right-clicking
on the database table you want to represent. In addition to the value
objects, you'll also get a gateway object in charge of translating the
value objects to database rows and vice-versa. Then, using the
Data/Services tab, you can generate the service calls to fetch the
value objects and you can generate bindings between the value objects
and the UI components you use to display them.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.