Hello,
Sorry if this is a repeat. I lost all my old emails.
Is there a document or website or page on adobe that I can go to that has "all" the best practices for coding in AS2 and AS3? Something that gives real life scenarios? My thought is that most of the flash sites that are memory hogs are ones that are not utilizing the best methods. I would like my sites to not be one of those. I have been to many professional flash sites that do not bog my system and video seems to play like I am watching TV. I have a less than perfect internet connection, so I know there has got to be a "One" way to creating a seamless flash website. The real code if you will. Something that says "this is what most people do, don't do that, do this". For the laymen. OR If there is not something available like this, can it be put together?

It just seems like there are way too many ways to do the same thing in AS and not all of them work well in every situation, but knowing this is a battle. Not trying to short-cut things, just wanted to know if there was something out there.
If there is, then I'd like to post it everywhere under the moon.
If everyone could find it and learn from it, we may have a new era of flash on our hands. :)

Personally, I feel that the negative opinions about flash are actually based off this factor alone. People not knowing the "Best" way to code AS. Not that flash is actually that bad.

If I could get a suggestion from someone at the top, that would be stellar, but all welcome.

TIA,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com