Hi list...

I have a TextArea component used for inputting text.  Also, the stage has a key
listener where something happens if the user keys "i".

The issue arises when the user starts inputting text into the TextArea.  If she
types "i", the stage event fires.  I don't want that to happen if the user's
focus is in the TextArea.  I've tried to take the event off the button when the
focus is in the TextArea, but that seems buggy.  Also, I tried
stopImmediatePropagation, priority and useCapture on the TextEvent, all to no
avail.  Can anyone offer a strategy?

Thanks!
- Michael M.

myTextArea.addEventListener(TextEvent.TEXT_INPUT, block, true, 100);

private function block(t:TextEvent):void{
        if(t.text == "i" || t.text == "I"){
                // gets here, but doesn't stop the "i" from firing the stage
listener's keyboard event
                t.stopPropagation();