On 09/05/2010 02:55, Mendelsohn, Michael wrote:
I'd rather not go negative, especially on this list which is so valuable to me,
but this Flash Alternative news simply disgusts me.  It's as underhanded as a
business can get.

Why would any business reveal their intentions before they are ready? I don't see why any company has to announce their intentions beforehand, or any reason why any company shouldn't build their own development system. Underhanded? Seems like good business practice to me.

As a Flash developer I'm not happy to be on the wrong side of this strategy, but I can't see that it's underhand. Just business practice.

Ultimately Apple is doing us all a big favour. I'm sure that Adobe is looking very hard now at the strength and weaknesses of the flash platform and we will all benefit in the long term from Adobe being given a kick. Personally I have been completely underwhelmed in CS4 and I can't really get excited about CS5, except perhaps as a more coherent build platform for Flash Builder.

- MM