http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/Sound.html

The above URL is the main page to acquaint yourself with concerning the Sound class in ActionScript 3.0, apparently.

If you scroll through it, you'll see some example code.

You'll also see the 'play' method under 'Public Methods' and, in the documentation of the 'play' method, you see that it takes a 'startTime' parameter. This one is what you use to start the sound not at the beginning of the Sound.

The 'play' method, in Director, also can take an 'endTime' parameter, and there is a 'stop' method. Not in Flash, though. Also, in Director, there is an 'elapsedTime' property for the sound. Not in Flash, though.

So if you want to end the sound before it ends, erm, I guess you have to use a timer to monitor where we are in the playing of the sound and then end the sound how? erm by using the 'close' method? Which also cancels any downloading.

ja
http://vispo.com

Say I have a sound that lasts 1.7 seconds. Is there a way to control what plays - for example. if I want to start it .4 seconds in and stop it .2 seconds before the end....