From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of
dopeco...@hotmail.com
Sent: vrijdag 28 mei 2010 2:55
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] Font embedding with Regular&  Bold versions

Hi all,

I have searched far and wide for the solution on this one, but to no
avail. The old chestnut of font issue rears it's head again (reminds me
of good old Flash 4 days), the basic scenario is this, and a link to a
sample file is below:

Two textfields on stage, the first, a static text field using a regular
weighting of a font, for example Arial Regular. The second, a dynamic
text field, using a bold weighting of the same font, e.g. Arial Bold.
The dynamic field has its character embedding set appropriately, but
here is the kicker. If I manually type something into this field and
publish, all is well in font land .. however if I set it's .text
property in AS, the bold text field will not render while the static
field is using the regular version of the font.

To add more fun and games, if I set the static field to the italic or
anything else version of the same font, the dynamic bold field shows
fine ... this happens on multiple fonts, the test file below uses Arial
in an attempt to have something most people will have on their system.

Any ideas at all? .. Even embedding the entire bold font as a library
item doesn't work (and is not practical for what it is for), so any help
would be most appreciated.

Sample file:

http://singlenotion.com/tmp/fontTest.zip

Cheers
Adam
Geen virus gevonden in het binnenkomende-bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 9.0.819 / Virusdatabase: 271.1.1/2892 - datum van uitgifte: 05/23/10
20:26:00