Hi Andrew,

this is a wild guess, but I once had a similar issue, though it's long ago
and can't quite remember. The thing was that there was a difference in the
ComboBox implementation between Flash MX2004 and Flash 8 I think, although
it wasn't documented.

You would first have to pinpoint of course if that is indeed the issue. It
might also be the issue that some v2 components need to be present in the
parent swf in order to be used succesfully in child swf's.

If the class difference is the problem, you could try copy and pasting your
flash versions combobox.as (with which your application does work) into a
combobox class of your own, extending the old one for polymorphism and
overriding everything, and then set yourCombo.__proto__ to
YourComboBoxClass.prototype. Just a hack to see if that is where the problem
lies :).

regards,
JC