Thanks Deepanjan,
I saw this earlier today but it does not handle microphone data, the flvs are
silent. Otherwise it looks very good.
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:04:25 +0530
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] AIR flv encoder
From: deepanjan....@gmail.com
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
CC: davehunte...@hotmail.com

Hi,
You may find it in this blog - http://www.joristimmerman.be/

--
Warm Regards
Deepanjan Das
M: +91 9836582808
W: http://deepanjandas.wordpress.com

"Think of the environment before printing this email"

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM, David Hunter <davehunte...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi List,

I've been on google all day and still not found what I'm looking for. I need to
record video and audio from a webcam and save it to disk. This is a kiosk
project rather being on the web, so I am looking to do this in AIR. They could
be stored as FLV or some other video format, but I really need it to be one
file rather than separate files for video and audio. I have found a couple
libraries for writing FLVs but nothing that also writes the audio part.
Microphone data has recently been exposed so maybe someone has incorporated it
into an FLV writer. The video format isn't important as they can be converted
at a later date, but a single file combining audio and video is important.  I
have also looked at red5 and FFmpeg as solutions, but FMS is too expensive. Any
shared knowledge on flv encoders or other techniques you've come across to
record both video and audio from a webcam are greatly received!  Thanks, David