I have red5 up a running both on a server and installed locally- great product.
 I have the demo SimpleRecorder working and have had a look through the code
(which is in AS2, so I' rewriting it in AS3) but despite tinkering with the
settings the video is choppy with erratic framerate that hangs badly and the
audio lags. I have tried different settings[[ from cam.setQuality(0,100)
through to cam.setQuality(32000,0) and various framerates from 12-25, and
buffer amounts up to 10secs ]], all with little affect on how smooth and
regular the flv is when played back using an application eg. VLC. Any
recommendations on settings? Can you adjust anything on the red5 side of things
to improve the framerate consistency and tighten the audio?  Thanks, David