> My suspicion is that the flash runtime and network stack is too inefficient
> to really utilise available hardware compared to a lower
> level language or framework..

I wouldn't necessarily say "inefficient", but there are far easier
approaches. The typical load testing approach is to use a single
client, and record that client's interaction with the server. Once
that's done, the recording becomes the basis of a script that you'd
run from within the load testing tool.

I believe there's a load testing tool that supports AMF, but if you're
not using AMF than you don't even have to worry about that - just use
a standard load testing tool that can record all interaction between
the client and the server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.