First of all:

Henrik, why rewrite core functionality? E4X is a standard, telling him to
write his own loop for data is something that I strongly disagree with.

The only case where I can see writing your own loops for XML would be
beneficial would be if you really had a performance issue and needed to
optimize and even then, unless you are making 100+ E4X calls would it really
make a difference... maybe.

"Do your own loop and don't relay on a syntax feature that hides the loop
from you."

Does that mean we should all start rewriting code that's part of the core
library so that we don't rely on anything we didn't write ourselves? Because
that is essentially what you are suggesting.

Theodore, I'm sure you could have googled something like "E4X multiple
conditions" and found the answer to your question in a couple of minutes,
but anyway, you handle multiple conditions with something like the
following:

peopleXML.person.(@group == dd_group.value.toString() && @room ==
dd_room.value.toString());

You could also do an or instead of an and (||).

Taka