We're using RobotLegs a ton these days, it's fantastic.
But I'd ultimately recommend learning MVC frameworks with PureMVC, as I
think experience with it makes for stronger fundamentals. You end up wiring
some stuff in with PureMVC manually that RobotLegs more or less automates.
If the goal is to get the MVC patterns & usage down correctly, that is.
In practice I'm definitely finding RL faster to develop with (particularly
with AS3 Signals), though with the caveat that handing off an RL project to
a dev not familiar with it can spawn its own set of annoyances.

--Matt