Henrik Andersson wrote:

> SWC files are zip files with swf files inside them (and some other misc
> stuff). The flash player does not know how to deal with them.
>
> Or you could just load a swf like everyone else...

Fair enough.

Here's the issue with loading the .swf. It's all code and no assets.
I'm embedding fonts from external files on the fly. For example:

[Embed(
        source='../fonts/Garamond3/GaramThrBolItaOsF.ttf',
        fontName='Garam3BoldItalicEmbedded',
        embedAsCFF='false'
)]
private static var Garam3BoldItalicEmbedded: Class;

If I had these embedded in a .fla, I could export them to AS and have
it working pretty quickly. The client wants an all-code Flex app,
though.

How do I access the fonts when they're not exported to AS? Make the
private static vars public? If so, how would I use the font?
textFormat.font = "className.fontName"; ?

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson