On 22/09/2010 20:25, Paul Andrews wrote:
 On 22/09/2010 19:18, Cédric Muller wrote:
And, by any chance, are any fonts not embedded ? (another halfy dumb question)

No, they are embedded. It's not that the text is not accepted it's just that typing more text doesn't cause the text to move left when the field is filled. It's not a case of typing characters that aren't embedded.

It really is odd.

OK, I spotted what is making a difference. The field in question is being used to enter an email address. Some testers had reported that they were unable to enter a '@' symbol because when the tried to they got an '"' (double quote). After a lot of discussion with the project manager where i explained this was certainly down to incorrectly configured keyboard/language settings (most likely UK English/US English), I needed a solution, so for that field I attached a CHANGE listener and substituted any typed " character with @ . This works nicely, but
has clearly introduced another problem on some machines.

Scratched head for the moment.

Paul