Mendelsohn, Michael skriver:
Hi list...

For some strange reason (and I mean REALLY strange), the second statement below
depends on the first statement.  As far as I can tell, the two lines have
nothing to do with each other.  When c runs, clickedOne returns an XMLList.
When c is commented out, clickedOne returns null.

var c:XMLList = topicData[0].descendants("*").(hasOwnProperty("@title")&&  @title ==
String(u["info"]["text"]));
var clickedOne:XMLList = topicData[0].asset.(hasOwnProperty("@title")&&  (@title ==
String(u["info"]["text"])));

Could it somehow be that initializing var c creates "something" that's next
needed for the var clickedOne to evaluate properly?

I can't see any reason how this should happen. But my gut instinct says that you should decompile the output and see how the generated loops look like.