Hello,

The company I worked for used to use Brightcove for their video
hosting... Long story short, we ditched BC because they were just
too darned expensive.

My question(s):

How would I go about implementing a video player that has pre-roll
videos? We would probably use our ad serving
software, OAS, for the tracking.

Currently, we host all of our videos on Amazon S3, and use a basic
flash video player to download and progressively play our videos.

In order to pre-roll ads, is that best done via RTMP (vs.
progressively downoading)?

Would RED5 [1] be a good starting point?

Can anyone here suggest any (other) free/open source solutions? What
about free hosted solutions (i.e. does youtube or vimeo allow folks to
monetize thier ads)?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, I just need a kick in the right
direction. :)

Many thanks in advance!

Have a great day!

Cheers,