Hello,

Surfing around the net, I found this class:

<http://snipplr.com/view/27981/from-as2-to-as3--where-did-it-go--setrgb--mck/>

The code I would like some help with:

<code>

public class MyClass {

                // Public static constants:
                public static const CLASS_REF = com.foo.util.MyClass;
                public static const CLASS_NAME:String = 'MyClass';
                public static const LINKAGE_ID:String = 'com.foo.util.MyClass';

</code>

Note: Among other things, I changed var to const; I assume "const" was
a better pick... No?

So, I understand that a public static const can be accessed from
another class without class initialization, but I don't understand how
the above code could be helpful (other than for meta/documentation
purposes?).

Could someone post an example that shows how/why/when the above
constants could (or, can) be used in the workflow of a project/app?

I hope my question makes sense...

Thanks!
Micky