Can't remember off the top.

GL,

Karl

On Jan 13, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Chris Foster wrote:

No, thanks Karl, I haven't tried that...

C:

-----Original Message-----
From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Karl
DeSaulniers
Sent: Friday, 14 January 2011 11:37 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Cc: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Subtle XML/Font loading/CSS issue,limited
test capabilities - looking for suggestions

have you tried embedding your fonts in your css?

this might help in that.
http://fontsquirrel.com/fontface/generator

I use the bulletproof(smiley)

Best,
Karl

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2011, at 6:07 PM, "Chris Foster"
<cfos...@catalystinteractive.com.au
wrote:

Folks,

I'm currently working on a large eLearning project... hundreds of
static
(ugh!) screens. We're using the Gaia framework with great success.

I've built a CS4 text display component that our designers use (uses
component parameters pointing to external XML, CSS and font files,
displays styled HTML text in the Flash IDE and at runtime). It lets
them
lay out screens without needing to create or style the text (we use
HTML-monkeys to build the external XML files holding the text).

Recently a small number of users began reporting an issue that we
can't
replicate in-house... The runtime text isn't appearing. I can't
replicate the issue yet.

Our content is usually deployed via a 3rd party hosted LMS to users on
our corporate network, but the recent issue has surfaced with users
who
aren't on our corporate network.

Things I've tried (without success) to replicate the issue:
- Matching users' OS and browser (Win7 and IE8)
- Trying other OS and browser combinations (XP, Vista, Firefox, IE7)
- Testing from inside our corporate network
- Using a 3G USB modem to get 'outside our network' and then access
the
LMS
- Using 'Charles' to throttle the connection speed down to ridiculous
levels
- Viewing the log in 'Charles' for anything unusual

The SWFObject embed statement is specifying Flash Player 10.0.32.18

If you've got any suggestions about the possible source of the
issue, or
other steps you've found useful in isolating and replicating a tricky
issue I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Chris
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential
and privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive information for the intended recipient),
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
this message.

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com