IIRC, Flash on a mobile device unloads the video from memory once it's past
a certain point due to memory constraints, keeping only the last few seconds
of it. It was mentioned on some of Adobe's docs about mobile optimization. I
think it's more about memory usage rather than actual time though (no
hard-set limit so impossible to predict).

Using Flash Media Server with a real stream would work, but then you need
additional buffering and streaming. If it's important to have the video
already buffered, it'd make more sense to have the video file be smaller -
and thus not take that much memory... I guess a 11MB file would be a lot for
a mobile device to keep in memory.

Zeh