Kian Chang skriver:
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this and help a newbie out.
I'm just getting my feet wet with AS3 as I've finally decided to
abandon the AS2 way of life.

I'm trying to use CustomOrientation.as, and I keep getting 3 errors in
my main .fla file, error 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method
addFramScript.

1067: Implicit coercion of a value of type Class to an unrelated type
flash.display.StageOrientation

5000: The class 'CustomOrientation' must subclass
'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of
that type

In my main.fla file I call CustomOrientation and I have the line:  new
CustomOrientation(stage, true, true, false, false); in the code in the
first key frame, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first one means that you need to subclass MovieClip if you use any framescripts. Either move the framescripts to the class or extend MovieClip.

The second one means that you somewhere are trying to use the StageOrientation class as an instance of it. I am not sure where that error is, but you should be getting a good linenumber in the compiler error list.

The last one is just garbage caused by the other errors. Ignore it, it will disappear when the rest of the errors goes away.