Mattheis, Erik (MIN-WSW) skriver:
I have a typical tabbed layout and am trying to figure out the simplest/best
way to reset the focused state on the focused tab when another is clicked.

Classes:

Tab - contains graphics and a public variable referencing the MovieClip of the
over state.

Header - creates tabs, adds event listeners, contains array of references to
tabs and a function to loop through them and remove the over state child.

Is there a better way - to somehow add an event listener to each tab listening
for a click on each other tab? Even if I don't know how many tabs there will be?

_ _ _
Erik Mattheis | Weber Shandwick
P: (952) 346.6610
M: (612) 377.2272

The last time I did a tab system I used a different approach. I let each tab worry about the drawing, but I let the container manage what tab is selected. This way it is easy for the manager to just tell the previous tab that it is no longer selected and to tell the new tab that it is selected.