Hello all,

I'm curious - if I use someObj.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, someFunc, true); then do evt.stopPropagation - is that faster than if I don't set useCapture = true?

The thinking is that it won't have to climb the display list hierarchy down to the target, then back up again - it'll just fire the event at stage, the one time, then cancel futher propagation. I'd guess that I'd have to use evt.currentTarget in place of evt.target.

Is that correct? Or is there no real benefit, and I should stick to useCapture = false?

Kevin N.