Mmmm.. I've been getting into AS3 and XML a little more, so good to know.
So is your problem solved? I don't want to beat a dead horse. :)

If no, I have run across somewhat a similar case of a return from an XML not parsing into a string when referenced directly.

so this doesn't work..

for each (var propertyDataXML:XML in myXMLList2..PropertyData)
{
            //WHY DOES THIS NOT TRACE?
            trace("propertyDataXML: "+propertyDataXML);
}

but try setting it to a var then trace..

for each (var propertyDataXML:XML in myXMLList2..PropertyData)
{
            //SEE IF THIS DOES
            var result = propertyDataXML;
            trace("propertyDataXML: "+result);
}

or for the namespace/prefix problem and the return try..

for each (var propertyDataXML:XML in myXMLList2..PropertyData)
{
            //OR MAYBE THIS DOES
            var result = "<![CDATA[ "+propertyDataXML+"]]>";
            trace("propertyDataXML: "+result);
}

or if you can insert the CDATA in the xml, if you have control over that aspect.

 <Value><![CDATA[ HelloWorld 1]]></Value>

I have also found that when converting spaces and prefixes, using the HTML special characters instead translates back well.
so using %20 or the &nbsp; for space for example.

Also, there was another post on this list about wrapping your result in <![CDATA[ ]]> the subject was "[Flashcoders] AS2.0 - Parsing special HTML characters in CDATA - onLoad vs onData". Granted it is an AS2 post, but I think the logic is possibly the right direction for the resulting data.

Not sure if this is the fix for your situation, but I hope so.

HTH,

Best,
Karl