________________________________
> From: "Merrill, Jason" <jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com>
> To: John Polk <j.pol...@yahoo.com>; Flash Coders List
> <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
> Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:08 PM
> Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Custom Event Question
>
> Yeah man, AS3Signals are awesome!

They look like fun and I'm looking forward to it. Just "getting acquainted"
with them now before I jump in bed with them lol. I did the dispatchEvent +
getter dance with three similar problems. One forced me to go 2 classes down
and I couldn't figure how to bubble through it, so it became cumbersome. Then I
was trying to figure out how to use them in my (now) infinitely nested
drop-down menu so that I could control when the whole
branch-upon-branch-upon-branch structure should disappear onRollOut from
*everything* but *not* to the next branch or previous one, etc. What a freaking
mess that would be with dispatchEvent + getter! Not even the quadrille could
compare lol. Googled for bubbling events and violá! as3-signals to the rescue ;)
John