Hi All,

I have an excrutiating memory leak.  Here's what i'm doing.

first some specs:

AS2, FP10+, Linux OS, ff browser

I load a jpg into one of two movie clips...once a specified amount of time
has expired
i load the next image (download it using moviclip loader) and animate the
visible movieclip off stage (slide it to the left or right) and at the same
time i animate it
i also fade it (mc._alpha -= mc._alpha-someAmount).
i swap their depths and repeat this process.

what i'd like to know is why after so many hours (8-24) flash starts slowing
down and ultimately throws up the abort script dialog when i'm not really
doing anything all that intensive..
can someone explain how flash handles animations internally for example...it
creates a copy of the image in memory..moves it then blits it the screen.

can anyone give me some pointers as to where to begin looking for this leak
or if you think this is flash player bug....

all advise helpful

thanks

percy

--