> I remember reading a very thorough Flash blog article
> on the problem of loading data from a server repeatedly
> and then merging it (removing gone data, adding new data,
> changing chaged items) into an Array which served as
> data provider to a Flash List component - like a year ago.
>
> And now I'm struglling with a similar problem.
> This time it is a Flex List component,
> but I think the solution would be almost same -
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8706153/merge-sorted-data-into-arraycollection
>
> Any hints or pointers to that blog entry I can't find anymore?

Just took a quick look at the SO link.

First, if possible, can you use something like LCDS or BlazeDS that
can kind of just handle this for you?

Second, if you want to manually iterate through the list to check the
status of items, remove them, etc, do it backwards. This will keep
your iterator from getting screwed up if you, say, delete the item at
that index location.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.