Flashbuilder 4.7, Mac OSX, Flex project (MXML & AS3)

I'm trying to catch a mouse up event when the mouse is released off the
stage. AS3 has RELEASE_OUTSIDE in Flash Player 11.3 and up, but I'm getting
an error in my FlashBuilder app--it doesn't recognize RELEASE_OUTSIDE.

I'm using the default SDK, 4.6, which appears to be the latest. By default,
it targets Flash Player 11.1.0, but setting it to target 11.3 doesn't
change what the compiler supports, and it doesn't seem to support
RELEASE_OUTSIDE.

I've Googled around a lot, and can't find a solution, except to track when
the mouse leaves the stage. That can get complex for something that should
be simple. Any ideas?

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson