On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 23:00:15 +0000
Steve Burks <steve.bu...@us.kontron.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been flashing Macronix SPI with device ID MX25L12805D. We now have a
> new Numonyx SPI with device ID N25Q128..3E. However, when I try to flash the
> device it says that no flash device was found. But when I do the -p internal
> it clearly shows the device ID N25Q128..3E
>
> I have attached the verbose output from when I ran the command. I appreciate
> any assistance that you can provide.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Stephen Burks

Hi Stephen,

you have a Winbond W25Q128 there. All of these three are
interchangeable so I guess someone swapped it without telling you :)
In any case you should not use the -c parameter unless you have to and
really know what chip is on there. Without it flashrom will find the
right chip itself if it can.