If it's Alex, then you'll want to check this page:
http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/samsung-series-5-chromebook

Unfortunately the page for Alex doesn't have the WP switch circled, and
it's been so long that I forgot where it is. It *should* be a jumper,
though. I seem to recall that there is a plastic shroud near it to guard
against potential tampering thru the exhaust grill or SD card slot.

PS. Please reply to all so that others in the list can view and/or
contribute.