Dear Reader,

I have a SIL3114 PCI board with an Intel N28F010-120 flash chip on it, and I can't reprogram it since it lacks the 12V Vpp. I checked that there is no +12V connection on the PCI edge connector of the board and the VPP pin seems to be unconnected.

My question is this. When I apply 12V Vpp to the chip will I then be able to reprogram the board with the Lattice (Silicon Image) dos utility or the flashrom utility.

I am an experienced engineer, but my eprom day's are from way back in the 80's and early 90's and I have never done anything with flash proms other than reprogramming boards with the supplied software.

Thanks for any response.

Kind regards,

Peter Cost