Dear Ray,

Sorry, but I am quite sure that you will not be able to successfully
flash a memory chip of your video card using the flashrom's Internal
flashing mode, especially on a Mac: even the internal flashing of its'
own BIOS chip is likely not supported (if a chipset isn't) and could
result in a (software) bricking. So, most likely you'll have to use
the external flashing adapter, like USB CH341A, which hopefully could
be connected to a memory chip of your video card using a test clip (to
avoid the soldering). Then, the command line will look like

sudo ./flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r dump.bin -V

And you could find an example of flashing setup here:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Flashing_a_BIOS_chip_with_Bus_Pirate#CH341A_flashing_coreboot_open_source_BIOS_to_Lenovo_G505S_hacking

I am sending a copy of this e-mail to a flashrom mailing list, just in
case someone would see a mistake in my message and would like to
clarify or add some useful info.

Best regards,
Mike