From: David Hendricks [mailto:david.hendri...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 2:39 AM
To: HubertLin
Cc: flashrom
Subject: Re: [flashrom] Uprgrae SPIROM for Skylake-D platform

Hi Hubert,

> I have modified OPTYPE and OPMENU to support OPCODE 0x20 sector erase, but it
> still failed.
> //===========================================================
> Running OPCODE 0x20 failed at address 0x000000 (payload length was 0).
> spi_write_cmd failed during command execution at address 0x1000000
> //===========================================================

Opcode 0x20 takes a 3-byte address and 0x1000000 is a 4-byte address, so this
failure makes sense. You either need to use opcode 0x21 which is 4KiB erase
with 4-byte address, or use the extended address register in the flash chip.
I'm not sure how to do that (or if it's
possible) with software sequencing on Skylake-D though...

> I also try your suggestion and it also failed.
> The following protocols are supported: Parallel, LPC, FWH,
> Programmer-specific.
> No EEPROM/flash device found.
> Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

I forgot to mention that for hardware sequencing you should either omit the
chip option or set it to "Opaque flash chip", i.e.
"./flashrom -p internal:boardmismatch=force,ich_spi_mode=hwseq -l allregion.xml
-i bios -w Lightning_R01.2_test.bin -c "Opaque flash chip" -V -N"