Luckily, it seems that the popular ch341a programmer is still
supported ;-) I just got flashrom-v1.3.0.tar.bz2 , saw that it still
has ch341a_spi.c, and when built and launched with --help - it tells
that "ch341a_spi" is one of the supported programmers [1]. Maybe I
haven't tested v1.3.0 in practice yet - but it should work.

Another great thing is that ENE KB9012 flashing (original patches by
Paul Kocialkowski, I only helped to merge it 5 years ago) - is still
supported! ;-) It is the only opensource way of flashing the EC KB9012
(i.e. found in a coreboot-supported AMD no-PSP G505S laptop which is a
libreboot candidate), and the only way of flashing KB9012 without
getting the expensive special programmer tools: thanks to flashrom and
Paul's original work, this could be done even with the above mentioned
ch341a which costs like $2

[1]  -p | --programmer <name>[:<param>] specify the programmer device.
One of internal, dummy, nic3com, nicrealtek, gfxnvidia,
raiden_debug_spi, drkaiser, satasii, atavia, it8212, serprog,
buspirate_spi, dediprog, developerbox, rayer_spi, pony_spi, nicintel,
nicintel_spi, nicintel_eeprom, ogp_spi, satamv, linux_mtd, linux_spi,
pickit2_spi, ch341a_spi, digilent_spi, stlinkv3_spi

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 10:01 AM Joe h via flashrom
<flashrom@flashrom.org> wrote:

> Hello I was wondering if support dropped for the ch341a on flashrom version
> 1.3 ?

Best regards, Mike Banon
Open Source Community Manager of 3mdeb - https://3mdeb.com/