Hello,

I've stumbled into flent as I was about to run a quick research on LINUX
based TCP cc algorithms and qdisc constellations and their respective
interplay from various perspectives.

Like the notion of it, though, I'm convinced the mere throughput picture
given for the TCP flows in e.g. RRUL is not enough to clearly give
insights what TCP is doing at certain points in time.

Would be quite addressable by taping into ss (socket statistics) tcp
details:

$ ss -i -t

Relevant factor there'd be obviously cwnd, rtt at least. So the point of
view of the individual TCP connection, so to speak.

Plus and prime would be to get all this parsing out of flent into the
"core utils" (e.g. ss and tc) formatting for performance reasons.
Surely, though, the more arduous path.

--
BR

Matthias Tafelmeier