Hi Akhil,
I think for getting this funcitonlity you need to use axis renderer
for vertical axis and give your custom labelrendrer for the axis
labels.
<mx:verticalAxisRenderers>
                    <mx:AxisRenderer
                        placement="bottom"
                        canDropLabels="true"
                        tickPlacement="outside"
                        tickLength="5"
labelRenderer="CustomAxisLabelRenderer"
                        minorTickPlacement="none"
                        axis="{vertAxis}"
verticalAxisTitleAlignment="vertical"

like this....
You need to write code to get this funciton inside the label renderer
class.

Regards,
Sam