By the way my requirement is better addressed in the AIR app
example of this page:
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Apollo:Articles:Using_HTML_in_Flex-based_Apollo_Applications

The unfortunate thing is that this example does not work!!!! I guess
it was written in Flex 3 beta and these features changed since Flex 3
was released.